Students – 357 Total staff – 37
Beit Sahour is a village adjoining Bethlehem built on the site of “the Shepherds Fields”. There is a flourishing Christian community with an attractive Parish Church (picture to left). The school was founded in 1864 and is situated alongside the Church. The school provides education for primary, middle and upper grades. The school had been intermittently closed because of the presence of Israeli military forces.
The School was upgraded to a full high school, with the full facilities of classroom space, science labs and computer labs, thanks to Fondacion Promocion Social de la Cultura (FPSC), a generous Spanish non-governmental organisation and also to funding provided by CNT, furnished and equipped the science labs.
FPSC also provided funds to upgrade and make improvements in a number of other LPJ Schools, including those at Aboud and Ain Arik, both in Palestine.
Follow this link for more information about the Beit Sahour school, as well as about other Latin Patriarchate schools in Palestine.